Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad with Tahini Apple Dressing
It took a while for me to learn how to create salads that I would actually enjoy eating. The transition was mostly fuelled by a fearless approach to making salads and realising that they can consist of so much more than just a pile of soggy iceberg lettuce. Another thing I love about my new era salads is that they can be deceivingly filling yet still maintain that wholesome, light feeling that is expected from such a grown up and sensible meal choice!
Enter, the cauliflower couscous salad. Almost* Raw (*the chickpeas don’t quite cut it), filling and utterly delicious! The cauliflower and chickpeas give this salad the bulk, the rocket gives it some crispy peppery freshness and the baby tomatoes and shallots add warmth and sweetness. The Tahini Apple dressing is an absolute must for no other reason than because it tastes divine and compliments this salad perfectly!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- 4 Small-Medium Sized Carrots
- 4 Shallots
- 16-18 Baby Plum Tomatoes (Or any baby tomato variety of your choice)
- Large Handful of Rocket/Arugula
- 4tbsp Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 150ml Fresh Apple Juice
- 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Shallow tsp of Salt (Preferably Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Remove any large leaves from the cauliflower and discard them. Place the cauliflower into a food processor or a blender on low speed and process until a couscous consistency is achieved.
- Peel the carrots and chop off the tops then put them through a food processor to dice them very small, alternatively you can chop them manually as small as possible.
- Dice the Shallots very small (I find this easier to do manually given the size of the shallots)
- Cut the baby tomatoes into quarters
- Drain the chickpeas and place into a bowl with all of the other ingredients including the rocket/arugula
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve with the delicious Tahini Apple Dressing
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed