Flour Free Sweetcorn Fritters
Sometimes I’m craving food that has a ‘junk-food’ vibe but without the damage! These fritters tick that box perfectly. The great thing about this recipe is that it is flour free! Most fritter recipes call for flour but I found that oats work really well to bind these fritters together and give them a bit of firmness whilst keeping them gluten free!
These are an amazing snack or starter and the mixture can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days so you can spoon out a few dollops whenever you fancy a quick and easy hot snack. My avocado aioli recipe is an amazing accompaniment to any fritter so check that out and try serving it up with these!
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweetcorn (Thawed)
- 3 Shallots
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1tsp Chia
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Small Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Splash of oil
- Place all the ingredients except the parsley into a blender and blend until you get a smooth but chunky consistency
- Finely Chop the parsley and stir it into the mixture
- Cover and leave to refrigerate for an hour
- Drizzle a little oil onto a griddle and heat it up lightly
- Take a dessert spoonful of the mixture and place it onto the griddle
- Use a spoon or spatula to flatten it into a patty shape, you don't want it too thick (you can shape them into perfect circles if you like or you can go for a more organic shape)
- Continue to do this until you have no space on your griddle
- Heat gently for 5 minutes then flip the fritters and heat for a further 5-6 minutes on the opposite side
- When lightly browned on both sides remove from the griddle and serve
- These taste fantastic served up with some avocado aioli which you can find the recipe for here!