The Best Guacamole
This recipe has got to be one of my all-time most appreciated dishes. Everyone I have ever created this for has immediately asked for the recipe after devouring it. I’ve even managed to convert avocado haters into avocado advocates.
This guacamole is nutritious, raw vegan and bursting with flavour. It’s also great for little ones if you omit or lessen the amount of onion and chilli. Not to mention, it’s incredibly quick and easy to whip together!
I enjoy serving this on top of some seeded wholemeal bread, but it is equally enjoyable as a tortilla chip accompaniment or dolloped on top of some Mexican-style rice! Or as I have been known to do, you can simply inhale it straight from the bowl!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 of a large white onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes/2 salad tomato
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red chilli
- A medium handful of coriander
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone and spoon out the flesh into a bowl
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocado, don't worry about chunks, its nice to leave some texture
- Dice the onion, chilli and tomatoes and add to the bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl
- Remove the stalks of the coriander (no need to be too anal about stalk removal, just as long as majority of the stalks are off),chop the coriander and add to the bowl
- Add the salt (can add more or use less to your preference but this is a key ingredient)
- Give it all a light mix to combine all the ingredients in the bowl nicely and then serve